|View this email in your browser|
For the week of 8/1/2022
1. Mary F. – (7/18/22) Praise report! Irene has been having pain on her right thigh for over 3 years. Her pain is now gone since the 23rd of June! Praise God!
2. Peter B. – (7/11/22) Amy released from hospital Sunday, resting at home with medication.
GENERAL CHURCH MINISTRY CONCERNS
1. That God would use our church to faithfully equip the saints for ministry.
2. That God would use our church to help believers find their ministry and serve Jesus.
3. That God would use our church to bring LOST people to Jesus.
4. For our church to be marked by our love for Jesus, our dependence upon His grace, our love for one another, our study of God’s Word, and the power of His Spirit.
5. Audio-Visual Ministry (Brandon Robertson)
6. Church Office (Genesis Robertson)
7. Elders (David Menkel, Neil Groom, David Chang, David Cathers, Rich Cathers, Art Cardenas, Chris Burroughs, Caleb Beller)
8. Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry teachers (Nursery-Fifth grade)
9. College Ministry (Jered Johnson)
10. For a permanent home/building for the church.
11. Jr. High School Group (Manuel & Jennifer Castro)
12. Sr. High School Group (Daniel Grant)
13. Sewing Seeds (Toni Gray)
14. Serve Fullerton (Franklin Garcia)
15. Spanish Fellowship (Franklin Garcia)
16. Ushers/Parking Lot (Franklin Garcia)
17. Vision and direction for our church – staying on track with the Lord
18. Children’s Ministry (Sarah Cathers)
19. Servant School (Rich Cathers)
20. Worship Ministries (David Cathers)
21. Connect Groups (Greg Bird)
22. Men’s Ministry (Caleb Beller, Manuel Castro, David Menkel)
23. Women’s Ministry (Kim Beller)
24. Church Accounting Ministry (Ramzey Mansour, Chris Burroughs)
25. Operation Christmas Child (Daniel Grant, Carlos & Mary Fuentes)
26. Thursday Night Study (Daniel Grant)
27. Sunday morning studies (Caleb Beller)
28. Mexico Ministry (Manuel & Jennifer Castro)
29. Helping Hands (Noah & Becky Fredrickson)
30. The James Gang – addiction recovery ministry (Daniel Grant)
31. GriefShare (Neil Groom)
1. Rod & Zuzana Thompson – https://crossculturemissions.com – working out of the Calvary Chapel in Montebelluna, Italy to establish a Bible College and equip future pastors and leaders throughout Europe and Africa.
2. Jeff & Sonja Stewart (Josephine, Asher) – https://www.lavignemissions.com/ – missionaries to France. Have planted a church in the town of Vernon, France, église Sel et Lumière (Salt and Light Church). They have merged with another church that didn’t have a pastor. Jeff is now preaching in French without a translator. Raising support.
3. Victor & Sonia Mayoral – https://sojournersmission.com/ – Victor and Sonia head Sojourners Missions, which works with orphans and churches in the Rosarito area of Mexico. We team with them when we do our Mexico outreaches.
4. Samaritan’s Purse – https://www.samaritanspurse.org/ – (Franklin Graham) global outreach to hurting people; Operation Christmas Child shoebox outreach in November.
5. Southeast Asia – https://pioneerbible.org – We are supporting a young couple in a nation in Southeast Asia to plant a church and translate the Bible into a language that currently has no Bible. They are in a country that is hostile to Christians, so for the sake of security, we won’t be using their names. But you can pray.
6. Harvest Crusade – http://www.harvest.org/crusades/ – (Greg Laurie, John Collins) – Wisdom for the leadership team. That God would use our church to reach lost people. Next Crusade at Angels Stadium is being planned for November 5-6.
7. Mexico Outreach – http://calvaryfullerton.org/ministries/outreach/missions/ – (Manuel & Jennifer Castro) – for God to use our church in the short-term trips to Mexico. Next trip is being planned for Labor Day weekend.
8. Jeff and Jenny Crandall – https://www.arizonaschoolofworship.com/ – leading a School of Worship in Arizona.
9. Our Outreach Ministry – pray for direction and open doors as we develop ministries that will impact Fullerton, including the feeding of school district families in need. We are calling this initiative “Serve Fullerton”.
10. Calvary Chapel Kirov – https://www.facebook.com/CalvaryChapelKirovoChepetsk – pray for Pastor Alexi, his wife Natasha, and children Ilya, Olesya, and Alexandra. The weekly Bible Study in Kirov on Sundays at noon. Because of the war in Ukraine, it has been difficult to send our regular support to Alexi in Russia. There is an open door, but it’s only open a crack. Pray for a bigger door to open.
SPECIFIC PRAYER REQUESTS
1. Becky F. -(7-25-22) Requesting prayer for my friend’s mother-in-law Terri who’s in her 80’s and dealing with many complications after coming down with covid. Thank you for praying.
2. Robin C.- (7/18/22) Prayers for myself, Cliff, and Ben as we have Covid-19.
3. Caleb – (10/4/20) Prayer request for my friend Brad whose cancer has aggressively returned, they don’t know where it is yet. Prayers for healing and strength and the Lord to do a physical and spiritual miracle in this season.
4. Queta -(7-25-22) Please pray for Tino. His in the hospital having a lot of pain and doing test on his legs.
5. Becky F. -(7/18/22) Please pray for my friend’s niece, she has been missing for 2 weeks she’s 30 and has kids. Pray for safety and safe return home to her family.
6. Gene – (7/18/22) Please for my son’s mother-in-law who’s in surgery now and granddaughter has C-19. Live in Dallas.
7. Jobanna L.- (7/11/22) Please pray for wisdom for us parents on regards to the next school year for our teens. For provision on fulfilling the requirements for graduation. Thank you.
8. Jobanna L.- (7-25-22) Please pray for my friend Danae & family who need a vehicle before school starts. Also, please pray for God’s merciful provision for the upcoming school year. Thank you. God works wonders through our prayers.
9. Tino P.- (7/11/22) Please pray for relief from my leg pain today. I will be receiving an epidural shot to control the sciatic and joint pain this morning.
10. Rich – (7-29-22) My cousin Lori’s son Charles has passed away from his cancer. He knew Jesus. Pray for his family.
11. Brenda C.- (7/18/22) For her stomach issues to be healed.
12. Caleb – (5/21/22) for pastor Graydon Jessup – Has gone through chemo treatments for cancer since 7/21. Cancer is in remission. Pray for complete restoration.
13. Ernie – (6/6/21) for daughter Natalie, continuing recovery from cancer in her tongue.
14. Genesis R.- (7/11/22) For my treatment plan to get back on schedule, my liver to be strong, and wisdom for my doctor. Pray for my mental health as my schedule keeps changing and I’m getting discouraged.
15. Hannah-(7-25-22) Please pray for my grandpa. He fell yesterday, has a lot of back pain from it. Also, he has to take a radiation pill tomorrow to kill the rest of the cancer in his body. He has had to go off his thyroid medication, and on a strict diet to prepare for the radiation. Both those things have added to his weakness. And he can’t be around people for 10 days after taking the pill. Please pray for strength.
16. James H.- (7/18/22) For speedy recovery, he’s in the hospital.
17. Olivia – (3/21/21) For Brandon – some praise! The jails are open for visits. His father will be able to see him once a month.
18. Phil C.- (7/18/22) For Lorraine C. that she be healed of hearing loss, and memory loss. That God restore her to full health.
19. Rich – (1/27/03) For our service men and women protecting our country.
20. Ernie and Ada F. – (7-25-22) Prayers please for our cousin Jennifer in Iowa, having emergency surgery due to artery blockage.
21. Rich – (3/7/22) Continue to pray for Pastor Caleb and the folks he’s working with as they work to help refugees in Ukraine. Pray for wisdom, open doors, and protection.
22. Gregg – (4/1/20) cancer, heart complications, recovery from stroke, depression.
23. Hannah- (7/18/22) Please be praying. I tested positive for Covid, along with my best friend and her husband who I am staying with in Dallas. So far symptoms are not too bad. Thank you.
24. Gene- (7-25-22) Rebecca and Arthur are doing better and the mother-in-law is coming home from the hospital today. Thank You Lord. Please keep them in your prayers.
25. Rich – (10/11/20) a friend, Pastor Steve – his daughter Nicole (33yrs old) has been diagnosed with cancer.
26. Nicki B. – (8/28/18) Diagnosed with an abdominal tumor. Asking the Lord to shrink or remove the tumor, so that any surgery might be less dangerous. Pray also for the family. Her MS has also been flaring up.
27. Ada F. – (7-25-22) Prayers please for daughter Natalie, tested positive for COVID today, after her long visit & tests at MD Anderson this past week. May our Lord be healing her & getting her & her family through this.
28. Ada F. – (7-25-22) Prayers please for daughter Natalie. As she’s in Houston this week for several doctors’ appointments & scans. Prayers for peace & comfort as she gets anxiety with all the appts.
29. Alan S. – (7-25-22) Judy and I have tested positive for COVID. Please pray for us.
30. Barbara D. – (7-25-22) I would like to request a prayer for me that I have the strength, courage, knowledge, and definitely the faith to be with my friend Marylin as she is by my side every day. Pray for me to be her support during her battle with cancer.
31. Barbara D. – (7-25-22) Please continue to pray for Marylin B. She found out today it is colon cancer trying to get schedule for surgery. Thank you.
32. Ernie F. – (7-25-22) Continued prayers for my daughter Natalie she is having tests done in Houston, TX. She has stage 4 adenoid cystic carcinoma they gave her two months to live, but by the grace of God she is still here 4 years later. She’s in a lot of pain from 20 injections in her neck and jaw area to help her open her mouth better after she had suffered a mini stroke on her way home. During tests yesterday they found other areas of concern in her lungs, her ovaries, and kidneys. The results showed quite a few polyps, cyst, and lesions which they’re going to take a biopsy this morning.
33. Ernie F. – (7-25-22) Our friend Janice is asking for prayer for a good friend of hers Jennifer E. who is fighting lung cancer.
34. Greg B. – (7-25-22) Can we please get prayer. My father-in-law, Glenn, is heading to the emergency room because his platelets have dropped to 24. They don’t know why and have done many tests. Everything has come back normal except his platelets. The doctors are very concerned.
35. Kim W. – (7-25-22) Thanks be to God, please pray for continued and extra favor at work, might be getting a raise!
36. Mariel G. – (7-25-22) For Mrs. Wiley. Son and she were in a car accident. Her son Robert passed away. They are believers. She wants guy who caused accident to come to repentance, so he is saved. Healing for my Member Mrs. Wiley who suffered brain injuries.
37. Mariel G. – (7-25-22) Prayer Armando gets the Caltrans job. He’s going through training first and that will determine eligibility. With a job he will be able to move out and provide for his sons.
38. Peter B. – (7-25-22) Please pray my finances. The part time job offer fell through yesterday and my phone bill automatically paid, and I am $45.00 negative in my bank. I will not have enough for bills this month.
39. Susan R. – (7-25-22) Please pray for my friend Crystal W. & her family, her 21-year-old daughter passed away unexpectedly this week.
40. Warren F. – (7-25-22) Please pray that my wife Berta will recover from covid and that I don’t get it and that we can continue living in Fullerton, that we can find a new place and possibly buy a house.
41. Barbara D. – (7-11-22) requesting prayers for Naill C. just diagnose with blood cancer.
42. Ernie F. – (7/11/22) I just received a call from my cousin that our longtime friend Jimmy attempted suicide and his 11-year-old daughter found him. This is the same Jimmy that has a heroin addict as a wife. I will be going to visit him with another longtime friend, pray that God soften his heart that he may receive and renew his faith in Jesus and that the Lord give me the words to speak to him out of love and not anger.
43. Mariel G. – (7/11/22) For Jake he has had stomach issues since yesterday. Prayer for quick healing. God is our physician. Hoping this will stop now. We think it’s a tea he had he didn’t sift. Waiting for doctor to call us.
44. Mariel G. – (7/11/22) For my Members Marrissa and young Jordan. May the Lord heal Marrissa quickly as she is ill. May the Lord direct young Jordan’s steps according to His will, surrounding him with Godly people. His grandmother fears he will go astray.
45. Stephanie G. – (4/5/20) Please continue to pray for my husband Lon that his Parkinson’s disease does not get any worse. Thank you.
46. Mary F. – (4/4/22) Please pray for pastors and church leaders in Ukraine targeted by the Russian military. May the doors open to preach the gospel and may God protect them. May both Ukrainian and Russians come to know Christ.
47. Genesis R. – (4/25/22) Please pray for my family and I as I re-enter treatment. Another tumor was found, and the cancer is back. For wisdom for my doctors, peace for my children, strength and endurance for my husband and myself. We know God provided once; He can do it again.
48. Kevin & Michelle – (6/4/21) for their son and his family looking for guidance back to the mission field. Hopefully to an unreached Muslim people group. Pray for wisdom, protection, and guidance.
49. Peter B. – (7-25-22) Please pray I quickly get SS Disability; my spinal tumor is interfering with internal organs now. I have to contact them again Monday. Also pray for good results with blood tests next week.
50. Queta P. – (8-1-22) Please continue praying for Tino he’s now an ICU for urine infection.
51. Becky F. – (8-1-22) Please continue prayers for Franky Mora’s wife (my son’s friend). Kimmy is out of operating room (7 hours later). Kimmy went into cardiac arrest and her heart stopped. They had to perform manual compressions to the heart for a few minutes. During that event, they switched her over to AV ECMO which took over full function of the heart. The ECMO pump will allow her heart to rest for the next 2-3 days. Doctor believes that after a few days of rest, the right side of her heart will get stronger which in return, will allow her liver to also regain strength.
52. Ada F. – (8-1-22) Good morning. Prayers for grade school friend Laura who’s celebrating the year passing of her father today with mournful heart. For another old friend Kim’s great nephew, Ezekiel, been sick with Covid. For coworker’s friends’ family who just lost husband in motorcycle accident over weekend. And for friend Crystal, club sister, who has a medical procedure scheduled in 2 weeks.
53. Jobanna L. -(8-1-22) Please pray for traveling mercies and protection for my children and I. Thank you.
54. Dale & Marion G. – (8-1-22) Please pray for my 8month old Granddaughter Millie because she got Covid at day care! Right now, she is spiking fevers and is lethargic! Thank you.
55. Becky F. -(8-1-22) Prayer request for my son’s fire squad partner’s wife, she went in for emergency surgery and is in very critical condition, they are believers and trusting God with results.
56. Greg B. – (8-1-22) Glenn prayer request update: So, Glenn’s platelets rose last weekend to get him out of the hospital then dropped again this week. They think they have a diagnosis now though, Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). It is basically the diagnosis you get when all other reasons for platelets dropping have been ruled out. It doesn’t seem serious at this point, but he will be going on steroids and other meds to manage it. It can eventually lead to them removing his spleen if the platelets don’t go up. But since his went up they think they can increase them with medicine. Not a full healing but still relatively good news. All the scary stuff has been ruled out and we just need to trust God with this ongoing stuff. It’ll be an ongoing problem they’ll try to manage. Thank everyone for the prayers and if they want to pray more for him, he could use it, but the emergency part of the prayer has abated.
57. Heather W. -(8-1-22) I have a prayer request my friend Bob’s dad is on hospice he’s 104 please be praying for the family his wife who’s 92 please be praying for peace and comfort thank you so much God bless
58. Peter B.- (8-1-22) My unsaved neighbor Yvette has been diagnosed with tendinitis and has to stay off her feet for the next few weeks. She is very active person; this is hard on her. Pray God touches her heart while recovering. Thank You!
59. Kyleen S. – (8-1-22) Asking for prayer for my sister, Novie. She needs to move her husband from hospital to ‘board & care’. She is not able to care for him at home. Parkinson’s and CHF, 81 yrs. old. She’s found a place but needs Jesus to help her let go. They are Mormon.
60. Mariel G. -(8-1-22) Prayer for Armando. Training has been rough working for the union. Day 3. Yesterday and day before he came home in pain. Blisters on feet and hands. Prayer for God’s sustenance and strength to him
61. Daniel G.- (8-1-22) For my friend Nicole. Her daughter is going in today for toe surgery. Pray for it to be a successful surgery and for no complications.
62. Peter B. -(8-1-22) My very active elderly neighbor Yvette had foot surgery 2 months ago which completely healed. However, she has new pain when she walks. She is Catholic, please pray for her health and salvation. Thank you.
63. Daniel G. – (8-1-22) For my parents’ truck broke down in the Utah desert, and they will be seeking repairs. Pray for a good mechanic and a swift turn around.
64. Ernie F.- (8-1-22) Please pray for Eliezer, a family member, in New York that’s not a believer and who is now on his deathbed.
65. Caleb B. – We got the phone call today with the diagnosis for Charis’ Left knee– it is: a full ACL tear & MCL sprain (possible meniscus damage). She will require surgery which we are scheduling on Aug 18th — luckily they have some of the best orthopedic surgeons and physical therapy teams available. Couple of prayer requests. We will be doing some family gymnastics— we fly out for parents weekend Aug. 11-14. For Kim and all the kids- school starts on Monday 15th — Caleb will have to fly back to MD on the 17th to help her prepare for surgery, and take care of her after. This will require significant juggling of schedules and budgets as we navigate this. The plan would be surgery on the 18th and then we would do a home recovery (book Airbnb) for a few days. She would try to get back for first day of school and hopefully be able to manage her own care with a battle buddy 22/23 & assuming all goes well I would fly back Aug 23/24th. Once she finishes the surgery- it is 6-12 month full recovery to get back to full strength. We will need your prayers for her and the family as we take it in stages.
We will keep your request on the list for at least one month unless you notify the church of any changes or updates to the prayer request.